Monday, August 15, 2011

Training for Alaska


I'm trying to build up my endurance and hiking ability in the last few weeks before I go to Alaska. (Maybe a little late to start). I just finished a treadmill routine to get my legs used to 'h0king'. You might be able to adapt this to the recumbent bike, who know. I wrote down the incline in percentages a long time ago but I'm not sure if that is correct. My treadmill goes from 0.0 to 10.0 so I assumed that was %.

TIME------------------ INSTRUCTIONS--------------------------------ENDING ---------------------------------------------------------------------SPEED/INCLINE
5 min. _____________3.0 mph/1% incline___________________
5 min. ___________Increase incline 1 increment _____3.0 mph/ 5% incline
__________________ each min.
1 min.___________Increase incline to 10%________ 3.0 mph/ 10% incline
5 min.___________Starting at 10%, reduce incline ___3.0 mph/ 5% incline
__________________1 increment/min.
1.5 min.__________Increase incline every 15 sec_____3.0 mph/10% incline.
30 sec.___________Remain at the above status
1.5 min.__________Decrease incline every 15 sec._____3.5 mph/ 1% incline.
5 min.___________4.0 mph at 1% incline__________4 mph/ 1% incline.
5 min.___________2.5 mph at 0% incline

30 min. total workout.

My inspiration:


No comments:

Post a Comment