Monday, August 29, 2011

Discard or Repurchase?


Okay, I'm keeping track of the beauty products I use up to justify all the new ones I buy. That makes sense, right? Although, right now, my purchase rate is exceeding my 'use up' rate by a factor of 'xxxx' (censored due to spending embarrasment). Anyway, I'd thought I could share what I thought of these products. Comment below and feel free to ask questions. I'll try and go through them from left to right.

1. Spackle: Under Make-Up Primer by Laura Geller
---This bottle is 2 oz and it took me forever to use it up. I think Kristen gave it to me for Christmas 3 years ago? It feels really good on your face as a primer. I think it's silicone based, so it feels creamy like it's filling in all your fine lines. I could not really tell a huge difference. For $25 at Ulta, I've moved on to try other products. Not a repurchase.

2. Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation
---LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! This is my current favorite foundation. It's full coverage and can really get you that 'flawless' look. It dries pretty matte, too. May be an issue if you have dry skin. The color I had was Medium Ivory. I've already repurchased it but in Rose Ivory. The only downside is the cost of this product. $42 at Sephora. I alternate using this and another drug store foundation to make it last longer. This first tube lasted me 6 months. (1.18 oz)

3. Rimmel London Sexy Curves Full Volume & Curve Mascara.
---The curvy brush is supposed to curl your lashes. Actually, the brush made it difficult to apply. I got this mascara on sale but would not buy again. $7.50 at Ulta (also Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens)

4. Anastasia Brow Wiz eyebrow pencil
---Another product I have already repurchased. This is a very fine point eyebrow pencil with a retractable tip (don't need to sharpen over and over). Makes it easier to fill in eyebrows precisely. I've gotten the more compliments on my eyebrows since I've started defining and filling them with this pencil in Brunette. $20 at Ulta.

5. Peace Love & Juicy Couture perfume rollerball.
---I liked this scent. It was very easy to apply with the rollerball applicator. I like it better that the spray. It seems to last longer on my skin. This size was 0.25 oz. I might buy it again it I could get a deal. I will definately look for more perfumes with the rollerball options. Description: "meyer lemon tree blossom, wild hyacinth, sweet apple accord, black currant bud absolute, sambac jasmine absolute, star magnolia, malibu poppy, honeysuckle, linden blossom, orris extract, sheer patchouli flower, and enveloping musks"
$19 at Ulta

6. L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Clean Deginition mascara.
---I liked this a lot. It has a slimmer applicator brush that really lets you define your lashes and coat without clumping. I have bought this twice already and would again but now I want to try other L'Oreal mascaras. $8.99 at Ulta (also Walmart, Target, CVS, etc.) There are also plenty of coupons available for L'Oreal products.

7. Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover
---This is a very good eye makeup remover. I use a cotton pad and it takes off everything. It did not dry out my eyes either. I'm trying the Sonia Kashuk eye makeup remover right now ($9.99 at Target) but may purchase this again from my Mary Kay friend. ($15)

8. Aveda Hand Relief lotion
---My hands were very moisturized. It helped when they were very dried out in New Mexico. I didn't care for the scent, though, and will look for something else.


No comments:

Post a Comment