Tuesday, September 20, 2011

In Recent News...

So I figured I ought to post about what's been going on for me.... hmmm let's see. I got a job at Kumon learning center, and all I do is grade for the most part while wearing a fairly unflattering polo. But it's a job, and a job pays money. So for 7.50 an hour, for 8 hours a week, I can't complain. Especially now that I realize how much money I need in order to do all the stuff I want. Earlier me and Jordyn were talking about all the things we want to do this next year, and it all involves money! Ugh, things should just be free, or money should just be more abundant.

Some of the things that I'm factoring into my budget:
Tithe (I should start that habit early)
Compassion International (I sponsor a little girl, Lulu, with other girls in the youth group)
Passion Conference (I AM SO PUMPED FOR THIS.)
California Spring Break Trip (With Jordyn, Matti, and/or Haleigh. It's just an idea right now, but it sounds pretty fantastic)
Youth Camp
Young Life Camp (Me and Jordyn just started going to Young Life this week, but it's super cool and camp seems awesome!)
Mission Trips and other Youth Events

So as you can see, I'm gonna be saving up as much as I can. I will probably still ask for help paying for some things from Mom and Dad, but I'd like to try and pay for most of it myself. I already have envelopes marked for each category, and I have a total of $42 in my Passion envelope, and that's 'bout it.

In other news, I started reading My Utmost for His Highest, as like a daily devotional thing to pair with reading the Bible. Ummm and I have probably the worst case of senioritis ever (I'm putting off work even as I'm typing this.).

That's about everything new with me, so I guess I'll just leave you with a song I am OBSESSED with right now, and that'll be it from me, for now.

- Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment