Under my vanity, I have a box that I through all my used up beauty products into to keep track of what I'm using up. I posted last year about what I thought about these used up products and I have another batch to consider.
I still remember a cross-stitch sampler in my grandmother's house with the saying :
Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make it last or
I don't know if I got that order right but I'm going to apply this saying to these products. (Likes: WEAR IT OUT & MAKE IT LAST; Dislikes: USE IT UP & DO WITHOUT).
1. got 2b fresh & full Dry Shampoo: MAKE IT LAST. Had a good smell and worked great. I would repurchase this but I think it's been discontinued.
2. Redken Color Extend Rich Recovery: USE IT UP. I got this for free with the shampoo I bought. It was an extra hair treatment. It was nice but I probably won't repurchase this. $15.50 at Ulta
3. Origins VitaZing-SPF 15 Energy-boosting moisturizer: USE IT UP. I used this as an everyday moisturizer. It has a little bit of tint to it. I liked this product but not for the price so probably won't repurchase. $35 at Macy's
4. Almay makeup eraser sticks: WEAR IT OUT. I love these things and there are very affordable. It's absolutely helps clean up the eye makeup you sleep it (bad habit). Even after washing your makeup off, these can help get that remaining mascara. I will repurchase these over and over. I actually had 3 used up packs in my bin. $5.49 at Ulta
5. Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion, Face SPF30: USE IT UP. I got this in my Easter Basket last year (Thanks, Shelley!) and it lasted a long time. It got me in the habit of always wearing some sunscreen. I'm trying another moisturizer with SPF right now but I would repurchase this in the future.$10.99 at Ulta
6. Lancome Hypnose Drama: DO WITHOUT. Nice, but too pricey. $26 at Macy's
7. Buxom Lash in Blue Noir: DO WITHOUT! Smeared blue all over the under-eye area. $19 at Sephora
8. CoverGirl lash blast volume: USE IT UP. $8.99 at Ulta
9. CoverGirl lash exact hydrofuge: USE IT UP. discontinued?
10. NYC City Curls mascara: USE IT UP.
11. Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in 001 Transparent: WEAR IT OUT. This was great for the price. I bought it in a double pack and still using the other one. $4.99 at Ulta
12. Revlon PhotoReady in 003 Shell: WEAR IT OUT. I really liked this foundation, especially the pump packaging. I will repurchase this. $12.99 at Ulta
13. Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette: MAKE IT LAST. This is still my favorite brow pencil. I mentioned it in the last post I did like this and have repurchased it several times. $20 at Ulta
14. Maybelline unstoppable eyeliner in onyx: USE IT UP. This was a good eyeliner but dried out as it got too old. $7.49 at Ulta.
15. Physicians Formula Brow Definer in black-brown: USE IT UP. I used this to alternate brow pencils to make the Anastasia Brow Wiz last longer. $5.99 at Ulta
16. Free Samples: USE IT UP. I had gotten several trial sized products. I have not purchased any of them full size.
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting foundation Primer
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion eyeshadow base
Benefit Stay Don't Stray eyelid primer