Friday, December 30, 2011

Resolution: Cooking Dinners and Packing Lunches

My first resolution of the New Year is to do more cooking and pack my lunches for work more often. Ideally this leads to less eating fast food. So, even before my tree is put away, I was inspired to clean out my refrigerator.

Before:


I checked all my expiration dates, pulled out all my saved leftovers, and did a quick wipe down of my shelves. I'm embarrassed to say I never even opened that humus I bought last January. It just sat there. It feels weird throwing away expired items that still look okay, but I wanted a fresh start.

After:



To be honest I thought the pictures would be more dramatic. Look Kristen, your Christmas pic made the fridge along with my sponsored Alpha International child and my souvenir magnets. Then, to spur myself along in the cooking/lunch planning department, I signed up for e-mealz.com menu planning again and made a big shopping trip to Wal-Mart to restock.

Stocked:



I got lunch stuff, some breakfast stuff, and a lot more veggies. Even a bag of tangerines inspired by the Cuties we got in our stockings this year. I still have a chunk of Peppernut dough I need to make. That should satisfy my sweet tooth for a while. I'll have to figure out what the Weight Watchers point are on those, ha ha.

On the menu for this week:
  • Macaroni Sausage Stir Fry with Green Salad
  • Tomato-Sauced Pork Chops with Green Beans and Cantaloupe
  • Raisin Bread French Toast with Veggie Sausage and Cantaloupe
  • Crunchy Onion BBQ Chicken and Broccoli Salad
  • Tilapia Almandine with Rice Pilaf and Tossed Salad
  • Oven Bag Pork Tenderloin with Carrots and Green Beans
  • Spinach Fettuccine with Broccoli Salad
I'll check back in on the blog with an update of how things go! Good luck on all your New Year Resolutions, too!

1 comment:

  1. How inspiring! I'm about to take a load to the Thrift Store (and look around) then I'm going to tackle the fridge and the pantry. I'll do befores and afters too. I'm back on my eating plan, so I'll need to stock up on my favorites. Great job, Amy!

    ReplyDelete